• A VISA deposit of $100 is required in order to secure the date you choose.
• Cancellations must be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the charter.
• The Captain will monitor the weather conditions leading up to the charter on a regular basis,
and contact you the day before to confirm that the weather outlook looks good for your charter.
If the charter is cancelled due to unsafe weather conditions,
the deposit and or the full amount will be refunded.
• All persons on board require an Ontario fishing license.
• You can purchase your daily license online at the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (click here
• The only exemptions apply to persons under the age of 16 and over the age of 65.
• The Captain must check that everyone onboard has this prior to leaving the dock.
• All charter guests are automatically entered aboard Witching Hour into the:
- SCGFA Spring (April 13-June 8) / Summer Derbies (June 15-Sept 7). Click HERE for prize details.
- Great Ontario Salmon Derby (June 29-August 17). This derby consists of 7 weeks.
Each week the top salmon weight caught by the angler receives $10,000,
and each week pays out to 10th place. Every week the weights are reset.
It's like 7 derbies in one essentially. Should a charter guest catch a derby fish,
the fish is weighed in at a legal weigh station. The salmon weights are updated
Should that fish place in a top 10 for the week, the angler is invited to a private
fish-off in September for the 70 winners from the 7 weeks. This fish-off consists of more
prizes to be won as well as a banquet lunch. This fish-off requires the charter guest to book
a charter with Witching Hour Sportfishing to participate in this fish-off on the specific
day in September when those details are released. Big prizes / big fish / big fun!
Click HERE for prize details.
- Being automatically entered into these derbies is a terrific value we pass onto our guests.
In the event our charter guests catch one or multiple "special money fish", we at
Witching Hour Sportfishing pass the winnings over to our charter guests 100%.
We do not take a cut. We ask our charter guests to consider an optional 15% tip for these prize winnings.
What To Bring:
• Motion sickness medication (Gravol) if uncertain. Please take at least 60 minutes prior.
• Appropriate clothing for the day. It is generally a little cooler on the water.
• Rain coat, hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen (if applicable).
• Clean soft soled shoes.
• A camera and your best smile.
• Cooler to transport your catch. Please leave this in your vehicle.
Targeted fish species of Lake Ontario:
Captains Favorite Recipes: